Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe | Christmas Baking | Red Velvet Cookies
Watch more My Ginger Garlic Kitchen videos here:
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are stunning, velvety, delicious, crispy and festive — what else can we ask for a Christmas cookie? They are simply ultimate.
Makes: 18-20 Cookies
PRINT full recipe here:
Flour (I have used all purpose flour) – 1 1/4 cup (160g)
Unsalted Butter, softened – 1/4 cup (57g)
Granulated Sugar – 1/3 cup (67g)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 4-5 tbsp
Eggs – 2 large
Baking Powder – 2/3 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Red Food Coloring – 1 tbsp or more, if needed
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Confectioner Sugar for rolling cookies – 1/3 cup (43g)
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and keep it aside.
2. In another large mixing bowl add butter, eggs, and cream together.
3. Add dry ingredients and whisk well to combine.
4. Add red food color and mix well. Add more color until the dough is bright in the red color.
5. Wrap the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
6. Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F.
7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
8. Shape into about 18-20 small balls using a melon baller or a teaspoon.
9. Roll balls into the confectioner sugar, and arrange them on prepared baking tray.
10. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies are beautifully puffed.
11. Allow them to cool for 2 minutes.
12. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely. Enjoy!
Soundtrack: Living Nightmare by snowflake
Don’t forget to FOLLOW ME:
WEBSITE: BLOG: FACEBOOK: PINTEREST: TWITTER: GOOGLE+: INSTAGRAM: