Also known as the “All the Way Brownie,” this recipe takes our cakeybase brownie to the nth power, with chocolate chunks and peanuts stirred into the batter and a luscious Peanut Butter Frosting spread on top. To make it your own luxurious masterpiece, consider swapping in your favorite chocolate and nuts (keeping the mix-ins at 1 cup max). You could also toss in Candied Orange Peel and chopped dark chocolate as your mix-ins, and use a silky ganache topping instead of the Peanut Butter Frosting. With this brownie, the chocoholic sky is the limit.
Peanut-Butter Chocolate Chunk Cakey Brownies
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (165 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups (156 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (85 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon (2.25 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon (1.5 grams) instant espresso powder
- 3 large eggs (150 grams), room temperature and lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120 grams) whole milk, room temperature
- ½ cup (68 grams) roughly chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- ½ cup (85 grams) 60% cacao semisweet chocolate chunks
- Peanut Butter Frosting (recipe follows)
- Garnish: roughly chopped dry-roasted peanuts, 60% cacao semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugars and melted butter until smooth and well combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder.
- Slowly add eggs to sugar mixture, whisking until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, stirring just until combined after each addition. Fold in peanuts and chocolate chunks. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread Peanut Butter Frosting on top of cooled brownies. Garnish with peanuts and chocolate chunks, if desired, and cut into bars. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 6 days. Let come to room temperature before serving.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (128 grams) creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk butter until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla, whisking until well combined. Slowly whisk in confectioners’ sugar until smooth and well combined. Use immediately.