New Years Party Hat Cookies | Jessica Bakes
SUBSCRIBE TO CORAL: _ _ _ _
Happy New Years!
Jessica Bakes from hellobaked.com celebrates New Years with style! There’s no better way to celebrate but with your own one-of-a-kind decorated cookie!
Take pictures of your amazing cookies this season and share them on Instagram with us @hellobaked and @CoralTV
_ _ _ _
Sugar cookie dough
Party hat cookie cutter, or laminated cutout shape
#3 icing tip for flooding
#1 icing tip for details
Gel food colour
1) Roll out cookie dough on a lightly floured surface.
2) Use a cookie cutter to make your cookie shapes. I didn’t have a cookie cutter in the shape of a party hat, so I got creative and made my own! I simply made this on my computer and laminated the back to prevent the butter from coming through. Then, hand-cut each cookie using a small knife.
3) Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden on the edges.
4) Let cookies cool for 3-4 hours.
5) Using black flood consistency royal icing and a tip #3, outline and flood the bottom of each party hat cookie. Let dry for 6-8 hours, until dry to the touch.
6) Using a beige medium-thick consistency icing and tip #1, pipe the streamers at the top of the hat, and the “2016” pattern on top of the black portion.
7) Sprinkle edible glitter on wax paper, and gently dip the wet icing designs into the glitter.
8) Let cookies dry another 6-8 hours before handling. Once dried, you can use a small brush to clean up any excess glitter. Enjoy!
_ _ _ _
Check out our new series BUY OR DIY: _____
Youtube (@TheCoralChannel): Facebook (@CoralDIY): Twitter (@CoralTV): Instagram (@CoralTV): Pinterest (@CoralTV):
And be sure to visit on the web at
Watch Sara Lynn here: Watch Candice here:
Watch Eva Redpath here:
Watch Sarah Bolen here: Watch Home Tours here:
Watch DIYs here: Watch FIYs here: Watch Small Space Solutions here: Watch Buy or DIY here:
And be sure to visit our DIY playlist
Shopping Links provided by the Amazon Affiliates Program
A lot of you can speak various languages and even lip read! We’d love help transcribing and translating out captions (CC) to help reach a broader audience. To contribute click here: