SUBSCRIBE HERE: http://bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
Learn to make Christmas Tree Shortbread cookies for the holidays!
WATCH more great cookie recipes here: http://bit.ly/KINCookieCollab
SUBCRIBE to my YouTube friends for more great Cookie Recipes:
* Mind Over Munch: http://bit.ly/MindOverMunch
* The Gray Boxwood: http://bit.ly/TheGrayBoxwood
* How to Cook That: http://bit.ly/H2CThat
* Donal Skehan: http://www.youtube.com/donalskehan
* Simply Bakings: http://bit.ly/SimplyBakings
Hi Bold Bakers! This week, I’m excited to share with you my traditional Irish Shortbread recipe with a BIG & BOLD twist: we’re making Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies. Plus, watch an entire playlist of great Christmas Cookie recipes as part of the Kin Community Ultimate Cookie Collaboration. So let’s get baking!
WATCH more episodes of Bigger Bolder Baking HERE:
* Gingerbread House Log Cabin: http://bit.ly/gemsgingerbread
* Snow Globe Cake: http://bit.ly/gemmasglobecake
* Homemade Fudge: http://bit.ly/gemmasfudge
* Holiday Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/gemsholidayicecream
* Gingerbread Trifle: http://bit.ly/gemmasholidaypies
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE LISTED BELOW
Irish Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies
FOR THE COOKIES:
3/4 pound butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR THE ICING:
1 cup confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
green and yellow food dye
Red edible pearl decorations
1. Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
2. In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the room temperature butter and sugar until they are light and pale in color.
3. Add the vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 60 minutes.
5. Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and cut using star cutters. Here is where I bought them: http://bit.ly/starcutters
6. Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown lightly. Allow to cool to room temperature.
7. To make your frosting: Mix your confectioners sugar with a few drops of water and stir. Take care to not add too much for it will be really hard to get it thick again.
8. In seperate bowls, add the food dye to reach desired color of green and yellow.
9. Frost each cookie for the trees. Make sure to save some small stars to be dyed yellow to go on top. Leave to dry.
10. Stack the cookies on top of each other binding each layer with a drop of frosting.
11. Once dry, place your pearl decorations on the points of the stars.
12. Finish the tree by placing the star on top!!! Enjoy this cookie 🙂