how to make xmas cake pops for family and friends (part 1)
These are very easy to make cake pops, easy to follow recipe, very tasty, great for children parties, children gatherings, xmas celebration and holiday season. This is part 1, where we make cake pops: shape and decorate them for celebration xmas with family, friends, kids for part 1 and we shape xmas cake pops for part 2 (we decorate xmas cake pops in part 2).
1. 1 (240g), (8.5 oz) yellow cake mix (or any of your choice)
2. 125g (4 1/2 oz) cream cheese “Philadelphia”
3. White, red and pink candy melts
4. White fondant
5. Red and black edible food decorating pen
6. Small white round sweets or make small balls from white fondant for pompoms
7. Lollypop sticks, Styrofoam or floral block
1. Mix and bake yellow cake according to instructions on the box. Let cool completely (if you like use any flavor cake mixes, or make your favorite), (if you like double recipe).
2. Using your fingers, crumble the cake very finely.
3. Place half of cream cheese block 125g (4 1/2 oz) into the crumbled cake and incorporated together until it holds the shape when you press mixture in your hands.
4. Using about two teaspoons of mixture at a time, roll it into shapes of large teardrop for part 1 and round balls for part 2; and place it on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
5.Mix white candy melts with few pink candy melts to create lovely peachy color for faces, melt in the microwave or on top of saucepan with simmering water or use double boiler. Mix together well.
6. Working with one stick at a time, dip the stick about 2cm (3/4 inch) into the melted white/pink candy melts and insert one into each cake pop. Repeat with rest cake pops. Do the same for part 2 cake pops.
7. Place them on a plate lined with baking paper and place into refrigerator or freezer for at 15-20 minutes, or until they are firm.
8. Reheat white/pink candy melts mixture (if candy melts too thick add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or vegetable shortening like “Crisco”. Dip set cake pops into candy melts and insert into styrofoam to set and harden.
9. Melt red candy melts. Dip top of each cake pop into melted red candy melts about 1/3; attach white balls of fondant or sweets for pompom. Insert into Styrofoam to set and harden.
10. Knead white color fondant on working surface slightly dusted with powdered icing sugar until it soft and manageable. Roll into rectangular shape and cut strips about 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide with sharp knife. Wrap around top part of head to create xmas hat, remove access of fondant and shape into xmas hat. Use red edible decorating pan to write names and use black edible decorating pan to create faces (if you like place small amount of white writing icing to create impressions on faces). Makes 22-23 cake pops.