How to Make Christmas Gingerbread Cake | The Stay At Home Chef
More Christmas Recipes: https://goo.gl/ZyqULu
__________↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ ______________
Celebrate the holidays in style with this incredible Christmas Gingerbread Cake. Three layers of moist gingerbread are covered with a cream cheese frosting for an amazing Christmas dessert that will impress everyone!
This batter for this cake calls for buttermilk. The acid in the buttermilk will react with the baking soda and baking powder to help this cake rise, creating a fluffy crumb. If you don’t have buttermilk, be sure to read my article on Buttermilk Substitutes (https://thestayathomechef.com/buttermilk-substitute/) to pick something that works for you. Please don’t just use milk or water. It will impact the results of the cake.
This cake will need to be stored in the refrigerator due to the cream cheese frosting. If you don’t have refrigerator space or don’t like cream cheese frosting, you can always use a regular buttercream. However, I strongly prefer the flavor of the cream cheese frosting when it comes to pairing with gingerbread. It provides the perfect balance!
12 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups molasses
1 cup warm water
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
4 cups all-purpose flour
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 (8 ounce blocks) cream cheese
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease three 9-inch round pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, molasses, warm water, buttermilk, and eggs. Whisk in ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add in flour and mix until just combined.
3. Divide batter evenly into prepared baking pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 5 to 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
5. Once cooled, make your frosting by beating cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract until just combined.
6. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired frosting consistency.
7. Layer the cake together, frosting between layers as well as the top and outside of the cake.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to push “LIKE,” leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
PRINTABLE RECIPE: https://thestayathomechef.com/christmas-gingerbread-cake/
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: http://youtube.com/thestayhomechef
FACEBOOK: The Stay At Home Chef
PINTEREST: The Stay At Home Chef
CONTACT ME: email@example.com
The Stay At Home Chef offers restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. If you want to become a better cook, learn how to cook, or just need dinner ideas for your family, this channel is for you. We’re taking really good recipes and making them easy recipes that you can make at home in your own kitchen. Cooking, baking, how to, all things food, and more!
MORE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY:
How to Make The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake: https://goo.gl/2waAay
How to Make The Most Amazing White Cake: https://goo.gl/B4Lk4y
How to Make The Most Amazing Lasagna: https://goo.gl/TreySb
How to Make The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls: https://goo.gl/ETQguR
How to Make Authentic Carne Asada: https://goo.gl/ZrXKkg
How to Cook a Thick Cut Pork Chop: https://goo.gl/PWWV5h
Christmas Recipes: https://goo.gl/ZyqULu
Holiday Recipes: https://goo.gl/ZyqULu