This giant Christmas tree cake serves 20 PEOPLE and it is SO COOL!! The perfect dessert for a holiday party, or you could bring it into work and be the office favorite! RECIPE + GIVEAWAY INFO BELOW! xx
Giant Christmas Tree Cake
2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
12 large eggs
6 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
3 cups sour cream
6 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
3 tsp vanilla extract
15 cups confectioner’s sugar
green food coloring
Bake the cake:
1. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, mixing with each addition.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to the batter in 2 additions, alternating with the sour cream.
3. Spoon the batter into 4 greased and floured 6” round cake pans and 2 greased and floured 8” round cake pans. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
1. Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, beating with each addition.
2. Dye the buttercream green and place it into a piping bag fitted with a large, star-shaped piping tip (#4B).
1. Slice the tops and bottoms off the cakes to smooth the surface and remove any excess browning.
2. Stack the 8” cakes and spread some buttercream between each layer. Stick some bubble tea straws into the center of the cakes and snip with scissors until they are as tall as the cakes. Place a cake board on top and cover with buttercream. The cake board should be the same size as the 6” cakes.
3. Stack 3 of the 6” cakes on top and spread buttercream between each layer. Stick 3 more bubble tea straws inside and press all the way down, until they hit the cake board. Place the final layer of cake on top.
4. Carve the cake into a cone shape. Don’t worry about the top not being too pointy, we will make the point next!
5. Place the cake scraps in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the cake has crumbled. Add some buttercream and mix until the cake sticks together and can easily be molded. Stick another bubble tea straw into the center of the cake, making it as tall as you’d like the cake to be. Mold the cake mixture around the straw to create the top of the tree.
6. Starting at the base of the cake, pipe buttercream dollops in rows. Once you’ve covered the entire cake, decorate it with jujube gummies, to look like Christmas tree lights. Enjoy!
Bubble tea straws: Cake boards: Cake stand: 4B piping tip:
There will be a giveaway in EVERY. SINGLE. VIDEO. in December, from December 5-26! Tune in every day and don’t miss out!
A specific detail to enter the giveaway will be included in each video, so you need to watch the ENTIRE video to be eligible!
To enter the BONUS giveaways, join the pankobunny Facebook group!
– Wilton x Rosanna Pansino Melting Pot (- White Candy Melts (- 1 box of pankobunny truffles (4 pieces)
– Unicorn Food cookbook (MY COOKBOOK! – pankobunny tote bag (CHECK IT OUT!
– must be subscribed to this channel
– giveaway is international – I’ll ship it anywhere!
– if you are under 18, you must have your parent/guardian’s permission to enter, as I will need your mailing address
HOW TO ENTER:
– comment on this video and give me suggestions for pankobunny merch! Tell me something that you’d actually want to get 🙂
– include the secret emoji mentioned in the video, or type it in brackets in the comments, if you’re unable to type an emoji
– you can comment AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE!
– giveaway closes on 11:59 am EST on 12/27/2018, when I’ll do a live stream to announce the winners. You can enter as often as you like until then.
DID YOU MISS YESTERDAY’S GIVEAWAY? ENTER HERE:
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS, MY LOVELIES!! xx
Twitter: Instagram: Pinterest: Blog:
Subscribe to my Channel!
New videos every single day! Make sure you tune in!
As always, thank you!!
For all of you who are amazing and have read this far, here is a clue for Tuesday’s video: Foodie gift guide!
Music courtesy of Audio Network.
Song: Cinnamon and Cookies
This is not a sponsored video.