EASY Pumpkin Parfaits + Homemade Pumpkin Pudding | Pumpkin Trifle | Easy Thanksgiving Desserts
I’M BACK!!! I missed you all so much! Community post coming later today! BUT FIRST – today we’re making easy pumpkin parfaits with pumpkin pudding + chocolate pumpkin cake. The EASIEST thanksgiving dessert you’ll make! RECIPE BELOW!
Pumpkin Parfaits Recipe
¼ cup cornstarch
¾ cup sugar
4 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
large pinch salt
large pinch nutmeg
½ recipe Chocolate Pumpkin Cake (recipe here: crumbled into pieces
4 cups freshly whipped cream
5 Pumpkin Cake Pops (recipe here:
Make the pudding:
1. Whisk together the egg and milk in a bowl and set it aside. Place the sugar and cornstarch in a pan and set to medium heat. Slowly add the egg mixture while whisking constantly. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
2. Remove the pot from the heat. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Slowly add this to the pot, and whisk well until fully combined.
3. Return the pan to the stove and set to low heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until warm, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and strain through a mesh sieve into a bowl.
5. Press a sheet of plastic wrap onto the surface of the pudding and place in the fridge until chilled and thickened.
1. Scatter ¼ of the cake into the base of a trifle dish. Spoon half of the pudding on top, then top with another ¼ of cake. Top with half of the whipped cream. Make sure to spread the layers to the very edge of the dish, so that you can see each layer. Repeat with ¼ of the cake, the remaining pudding, the remaining cake (minus a couple tbsp of crumbs), then the remaining whipped cream.
2. Sprinkle some leftover cake crumbs on the surface, then top with the Pumpkin Cake Pops. Enjoy!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CAKE: PUMPKIN CAKE POPS:
Twitter: Instagram: Pinterest: Blog:
Subscribe to my Channel!
New videos every Tuesday & Thursday! Make sure you tune in!
As always, thank you!!
For all of you who are amazing and have read this far, here is a clue for Thursday’s video: PIE!
Music courtesy of Audio Network.
Song: Salad Days
This is not a sponsored video.