Learn how to make blueberry jam from scratch with this easy recipe. Also learn how to sterilize and seal a jar of jam to store.
2 Cups Blueberries (340g)
1/4 Cup Water (60ml)
1 Cup Sugar (190g)
Glass Mason Jars
1. Place berries in a saucepan and mash most of them. Add water and heat over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally until berries are soft and crushed. Once the jam is cooking at a rolling boil, stir in the sugar. Lower heat to medium-low and continue cooking at a boil stirring constantly. Cook for 20 minutes or until the jam thickens and darkens in color.
2. To test for doneness, place a bit of jam on a chilled plate and freeze for 5 minutes. Gently press the jam, it should wrinkle on top.
3. Fill jars with jam and seal them.
| Makes about 10oz. of Jam
How to Sterilize and Seal Jars:
1. Place the lids of washed jars in hot water(not boiling). Place the jars in a pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars and lids from water and place on a clean cloth to dry.
2. Once the jars have been filled with jam, close with the lids tightly, and place into boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes.
*Sealed jars can be stored at room temperature. If opened or not sealed, jams should be stored in the refrigerator.
| Support this channel on Patreon | ?
⬇ Thank you to my patrons for making this video possible! ⬇ ??
| ↪ Connect With This Channel | ☕
Facebook – http://facebook.com/TheSweetestJourney
Tumblr – http://TheSweetestJourney.tumblr.com
Twitter – http://twitter.com/TheSweetJourney
| Personal Accounts | ??
Instagram – http://instagram.com/Airam_Velarde
Twitter – http://twitter.com/AiramVelarde